Nana or Mahama?Ghanaians divided over who to blame for comeback of dumsor
Who is responsible for the recent wave of dumsor, the new or old administration?
Ghanaians have been wondering who they should hold accountable for the current wave of power cuts.
Locally known as ‘dumsor’ the blackouts resumed earlier in February and have intensified over the eight days with many neighbourhoods left without electricity for over 24 hours.
The power crisis appeared to have been stabilised in the months leading up to the December 2016 presidential and parliamentary polls/ However before it could be stabilised, many businesses which rely on electricity had collapsed leading to job losses and as such was a key issue during the election campaign.
The new administration, with the promise to fix dumsor, assumed office in January 2017. However that has not stop many Ghanaians especially on social media to question the steps being taken to ensure that dumsor becomes a thing of the past.
On the other hand, some say the new government of Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is only in its second month and as such the blame for the current wave of dumsor should be blamed on the previous government who failed to solve it after eight years in power.
On Sunday February 26, journalist Manasseh Azure Awuni posted on Facebook saying “Who must fix the current power crisis? President Nana Akufo-Addo. But is he to blame for it?
No! Only sick heads will blame him for causing it.”
Here are a sample of some comments on the issue as found on social media.
- 1Bribery Scandal NDC divided over whether Muntaka should resign as Chief Whip
- 2Flagstaff House Bawumia calls for deeper Ghana-US relations
- 3Xenophobic Attacks Muntaka Mubarak calls for boycott of South…
- 4Reunion ‘Go and beg’ Nana Konadu – E.T Mensah urges NDC
- 51966 Coup Chieftaincy poses a threat to Ghana’s unitary system…
- 6NPP Government Work begins on first district factory at Kpetoe
- 7NPP Government Has Akufo-Addo’s deputy ministerial…
- 8Agenda 2020 Rawlings to vie for NDC Chairman posters out
- 9COCOBOD Matters NDC MP questions EOCO’s decision to…
- 10Nana or Mahama? Ghanaians divided over who to blame…
- 1The Gambia Mahama touts achievements to ECOWAS leaders
- 2Video What Ghanaians are saying about Agyarko’s bribery allegation case
- 3Election 2016 IGP is an ‘asshole’ – Ken Agyapong
- 4Pulse Xmas video Ringier Ghana Limited end of year party 2016
- 5Election 2016 I’ll vote for Mahama – Nyaho Tamakloe
- 6Election 2016 KMA Assembly Members trade blows
- 7Election 2016 Obinim predicts victory for Nana Addo
- 8Watch Gbese Mantse vows to abdicate if Nana Addo wins
- 9Election 2016 Obinim threatens to rig elections for…
- 10Election 2016 T.B Joshua in Ghana to subvert election…