Women who are single are used to being independent. They find joy in the things they accomplish alone. Dating independent people like this comes with its own unique set of challenges.
Here are some things you need to remember when you date someone who has always been single and is trying to adjust.
• She does what she wants without letting you know first She is so comfortable with being independent. She feels she can do her own thing without letting you know first.
She would love to let you know, but she is okay with doing what she wants to do without asking for permission from anyone.
• She can be rigid at first: She has always been determined and steadfast on her own while navigating through situations.
When you come in it may mean that a little of her territory has been encroached upon. Expect her to be stubborn at first.
Although this will fade, be willing and patient to help her realise that you are partner rather than a “stealer” of territory.
• She will appear tough: She uses a strong appearance to intimidate others and protect herself. Eventually, they could pull down this veil of supposed strength.
It is your responsibility to be patient and understanding. They know what they want. This characteristic they possess could help them filter through the process.
• She will have overprotective friends: Her friends will be a shield for a while. They will be suspicious of you at first, although they only want to be protective of her. It is just that they are not used to seeing her with someone special. They just want to be certain that she is going out with the right person.
• She will want to take things slowly: She is so used to being with herself that she wants to take things slowly, rather than dive right into a serious relationship.
It doesn’t mean she doesn’t like you, it’s just that she’s slowly absorbing the idea and trying to figure out a way to plug herself into the relationship.
• She will have a hard time letting you do things for her: She is used to taking care of herself. It isn’t likely that she’ll see you being some sort of Superman coming to her rescue.
She has lived so long in her single world that she would find it difficult to have someone else simply looking out for her. So don’t take it personally.
• She can be afraid: Beyond the tough persona there is some fear and caution that exists within her.
She is afraid of being loved. and being in love. She may have been hurt before, and just might be afraid of being hurt again.
• She will question your motives: She wants to get into your thoughts. She would love to know why you do the things you do for them.
Since she is used to figuring things out by herself, she will like to figure you out whether you are real deal or not.
• She will need her space sometimes: You may consider this strange, but she will need her space sometimes. She is used to spending most of her time alone in solitude.
Such space and time allows her to think independently and figure things out. And this space makes her see you in a clearer light.
• She will be reserved: She won’t want to reveal everything important about her life to you right away. It may take some time, especially for her to share the things that matter most and are dearest to her.
She will want you to wait for such vital information. Perhaps when you do get to know her better, she will open up the raw version of her beautiful self for you to discover. It will be well worth the wait.